cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consume a process that we exposed as web service

ChaithanyaKumar
Level 3
Hello everyone,

I have made a process of addition operation and published it as web service. I want to consume the same process in blueprism . So can anyone suggest me about inputs that we should mention in configuring web service.
1 REPLY 1

Hi Chaitanya,

Once you have configured the process and have exposed it as a web service, you would first require to navigate to the URL: <bp_server_address>:<hosted_port>/ws/ 

For example, if I have hosted my instance on localhost and port 8181, then my address would be: http://localhost:8181/ws/

Here, you will find all your exposed processes:

36722.png

Now in order to consume this process, you first need to generate the SOAP web schema envelope which will be passed along with the API request. To easily generate the web schema, first click on the process link and then you can use a small extension on your chrome called 'Wizzdler'. Once installed, click on the Wizdler icon which will prompt the web schema definition link as shown below:

36723.png

Upon clicking on the link, endpoint and the associated SOAP envelop will be generated. Here you need to replace the placeholders with values if your process has startup parameters or argument. In my case you can see [string] and [decimal] which can be tested directly using Wizdler.

36724.png

Once the values are replaced and the authentication parameters are provided, you can see how my request body looks like:

36725.png

Once I click on Go, I can see the response:

36726.png

Testing via Postman:

If the same you want to test via Postman, just provide the same SOAP envelop body generated in the above screenshot and use the required authentication type (in my case I am using a basic authentication):

36727.png

NOTE: I am not using a HTTPS protocol but in enterprise setup, it is recommended to have a secure protocol.

You can also refer to a video I recently posted on my channel, where I have made a calculation bot and exposed it so that i can integrate it with a chatbot at the same time. The first half of my video can help you out with your requirement. : Google Dialogflow Chatbot Integration With Blueprism

Hope it helps you out!
----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

----------------------------------