cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control Room - Ability to pause queue at specific time and start the queue

IvanGordeyev
Level 5
- - - To have the ability to pause the queue at certain time - - - - - - To have the ability to start the queue at certain time - - - We all sometimes affected by system upgrades, data center move, deployment, network changes or something else. It would be very helpful to have the ability to schedule - pause the queue at certain time and - start the queue at certain time actions. Whilst time restriction can be built in the process, sometimes the real world scenarios impact the work. Certain actions (e.g. adding items to queue without processing these can still happen when the process shall not be processing items e.g. due to system downtime). I hope this is already in scope and I am sorry if this is a duplicate.
2 REPLIES 2

TetsujiJunicho
Level 9
You can defer work queue items by specifying a certain datetime or Now() + timespan (such as 5 mins).

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
I doubt that idea is in scope at present Ivan, and maybe you'll have to invent your own mechanism. Maybe what you could do is create a 'Process Instruction' queue, and make your worker process check this queue regularly. Then another process could add an item to the queue that tells the worker process to do something, eg 'Stop working between 0200 and 0400'. Or, even simpler (but less secure), make the work process check a network folder for a file - inside the file is an instruction.