cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy several files

DavidAssouline
Level 4
Hi all !  Question: At the moment I've got a process going in the main folder, then to each subfolder and copy files 1 by 1 in another folder. Is it possible to select all files in the subfolder and copy them in one shot instead of 1 by 1? Note I cannot directly copy the folder since the receiving environment (Sharepoint) does not accept it.  Thanks for your help !  Have a good week-end in advance !
5 REPLIES 5

DavidAssouline
Level 4
Dear Sibi Lukes, Thank you for your support.  However, it doesn't work at the moment. It keep selecting and copy 1 file.  What separate action do you think of? Thank you very much

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, could you just look at the screenshot and confirm that you are passing the parameter values the same way? The source path must end with '\'. If this definitely doesn't work for you, I can create a new action for you, but the reason why I kept it this way is that, you can continue to use the same action to copy one file or all the files.

DavidAssouline
Level 4
Hi, So I checked and it did not work. I tried ""[File.Path\] --> not accepted. Then I tried """"[File.Path]&""""\"" I get the error """"Invalid directory"""" and it seems keep selecting files 1 by 1 instead of all of them in one shot. See attached a screenshot of the actual process

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, You would not need the 'Get Files' and 'Loop 2'.  Remove those and have only Copy Files inside Loop 1. I assume your [File.Path] contains the full path of the files from the Get Files Stage and that is why it is copying files one by 1. As I said, the modified Copy files will work for 1 file, if you pass the full file path and will work for all files, if you pass the folder path. Hope its clear. The Source folder path you need here is, [Folders.Path] & "\ assuming your output collection from the 'Get Folders' stage is [Folders]. Please try and let me know. Thank you.

DavidAssouline
Level 4
Hi Sibi Luke,  Thank you very much ! It works just fine !  If you don't mind, I have another question : is there a way to run several copy at the same time? I tried with 2 processes but I have only one machine so this will not work but is there a way to make a process with ""one start"" and becomes divided in two or three or four and executes the same copy task?  Thank you