cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not find installable ISAM.

HimanshuGupta3
Level 2
Hello All,
Need your expert opinion here.  I am using Data OLEDB Utility to connect to excel, I am providing following connection string as data item, and each time it is giving me "Could not find installable ISAM" error. I have tried to pass connection string as well formatted Text also. Currently I am using 32 bit office products and downloaded 32 bit microsoft 2016 redistributable component(Tried with 2010 as well). Let me know if any other information is required.

connection string as data item = Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source="C:\Users\Downloads\Sample.xlsx";Extended Properties="Excel 12.0 Xml;HDR=YES;"
11 REPLIES 11

Thank you for updating me on that. 🙂 Everything is now working as I needed it. 
I notice that my Excel sheet has some column names that include dots, and OLEDB converts these to hashtags, so for anyone seeing this. Be aware.:)

@andber ,

Hey there,

I did not see the solution was given already (somehow, I don't see the latest replies in the proper order) when I posted my answer but yes for your exact ISAM issue, Excel 12.0 Xml would be the answer. Best thing, Michael also pointed out the '$' issue which even I missed to see and you anyhow would have faced another issue if that was not identified.

All in all, yet again a great thread with lots of learning and expertise. Glad we could help you out resolve this error 🙂

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the best answer

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

----------------------------------