cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couldn't run any process from Control Room

RajeshVK1
Level 2
Team,

I have changed my PC name recently and Blue Prism doesn't updated the PC in control room automatically and there is no provision to remove old resource name add a new one. Since the resource is in disabled mode I couldn't run any process from control room. Please help on changing the resource name or adding a new resource to control room. 

Thanks & Regards,
Rajesh VK

------------------------------
Rajesh VK
6 REPLIES 6

EmersonF
MVP
Rajesh go to the system sector, and see if the option to start the feature automatically is enabled

Emerson Ferreira
Sr Business Analyst
Avanade Brasil
+55 (081) 98886-9544
If my answer helped you? Mark as useful!
Sr Cons at Avanade Brazil

Walter.Koller
Level 11
I am assuming you want to run a local robot resource that should be visible in Control.
In case your private resource does not start automatically you can always start a runtime resource in CMD. The easiest way is to run:
"C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\Automate.exe" /resourcepc /sso
For further details have a look at Blue Prism help (the question mark icon in Blue Prism) or run 
"C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\Automate.exe" /help

Unfortunately it is not possible to remove resources once they have been registered in Blue Prism, except by altering DB tables. There is the option to hide them in System/Resources/Management though.

I have never had the situation to change the (DNS) name of a resource and there might be other issues related to this. If your PC still does not show up in Control, you could try to 'Reset FQDN' via the RMB context menu in System/Resources/Management.
And there is always the possibility your new PC has been retired and is not visible in Control because of this

Walter Koller
Solution Manager
Erste Group IT International GmbH
Europe/Vienna

Thanks Walter & Ferreria. Still I couldn't make the resource to reflect in System/Resources.

Let me explain what i did:

1. I changed my computer name from "DESKTOP-LLJEMF5" TO "XYZ". My system info is showing up all updated information, however blue prism is not showing this updated information in System/Pools nor in Control Room. Since it couldn't able to reflect i no more able to run anything from Control Room.

Rajesh VK

Hurray !!!!! Updated FQDN and Name in [BPAResource] table. And it worked like charm.

Rajesh VK

happy to know you made it, and to have shared the solution with the community!!!

Emerson Ferreira
Sr Business Analyst
Avanade Brasil
+55 (081) 98886-9544
If my answer helped you? Mark as useful!
Sr Cons at Avanade Brazil

Congrats!!

Murali Krishna Kodi RPA Consultant
RPA Consultant
Eclerx
Bargarh