cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business cases get stuck in workqueue

Run_BiaoChen1
Level 2
Hi, i am facing the trouble when the business cases get stuck in some unknow error, the robot will keep running and case get stuck. There is no way to check the business cases if complete or exception as the robot keeping running. Any suggest that we can design like a fuse mechanism to positive make the get stuck business cases as exception? Thank you.

------------------------------
Run Biao Chen
developer
Asia/Hong_Kong
3 REPLIES 3

VedSengupta
Level 6
Hi Run Biao Chen,
When The Line Item is facing an error is BOT Stuck at a particular stage and, moving to warning stage?

You can implement the logic for a timeout for line items wherein the timeout should be the maximum time you have ever recorded for processing a single item.[Always it is better to overestimate than underestimate].

Also, You can check the time passed when the item started and the current time and get the time passed. And check for it every step and if the threshold exceeds you can mark it as the exception or take necessary action. But this will increase the processing time for the flow as an extra check for time is always done. But this is just a workaround I am suggesting.

Best Regards,
Ved Sengupta
RPA Developer
Bangalore | INDIA
------------------------------ Best Regards, Ved Sengupta RPA Developer Deloitte India (Offices of the US) Bangalore | INDIA *If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer* ------------------------------

Thanks Ved Sengupta,

I see there are 2 options for the warning threshold

1. From the Navigate/ Read/ Write etc. Stages to set up the warning threshold, force process to move next stage.
2, From the Application Modeller, there is "provide the time that the object will wait for the application to respond before throwing an exception" setting ,

Which is better to set up the threshold and it there any best practice to set up these 2 setting to prevent the business cases get stuck scenarios? Thanks a lot! 

Run Biao Chen
developer
Asia/Hong_Kong

Hi Run Biao Chen,
I believe setting the timeout value at the Application modeller will do the trick. Setting a warning threshold at the action level will override the application modeller timeout I believe.

Best Regards,
Ved Sengupta
RPA Developer
Bangalore | INDIA
------------------------------ Best Regards, Ved Sengupta RPA Developer Deloitte India (Offices of the US) Bangalore | INDIA *If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer* ------------------------------