cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cound not identify process owning the current foreground window?

ChiragSurati
Level 4
I receive the below error when running a session via RR, however, I do not receive the error when connected to the RR VM. What's the solution or is there one? ERROR: Internal : Failed To perform Step 1 In Navigate Stage 'N:Activate Window' on page 'I:Set Project Number' - Could not identify process owning the current foreground window Thanks  Chris
8 REPLIES 8

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Are you accessing the VM via RDP? When you disconnect from RDP the presentation layer (ie the desktop) destroyed. BP is still running but when a process tries to use the presentation layer, it will find there is a problem. https://portal.blueprism.com/documents/v6-data-sheet-remote-access-tools To re-establish the presentation layer the VM must be logged in again without using RDP. A 'persistent' remote access tool can do this, or you can use Login Agent to enable BP to do it.                          

dineshmentada
Level 3
Hi, It is simple Fix 1) Install Login agent . 2) Make sure your server manager startup window should be disable.(This is main Cause In RR)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you please elaborate  the steps?

ChiragSurati
Level 4
@John__Carter We are using RDP to watch the bot. We are now looking at other VM connections to use. @dineshm We have installed Login Agent and it works fine for several runs until we get the error again. So I'm not sure if the manager startup window is causing the issue. @ghurruprasath What steps are you talking about, mines or dineshm's? Thanks Chris

JohnMonastra
Level 3
Hi all. I have experienced a similar issue with an RPA process that interfaces with a windows application and we are using ""Global Send keys"" to access and select toolbar menu items.  The process works fine if I have the remote desktop window visible, however, if I either minimize the remote desktop window (not the app itself), to I disconnect from the remote session (remaining logged in of course) I receive the same error indicated in this post.  We have a separate RPA process that is not using ""global send keys"" to access menu items and it has no issues when I minimize the remote desktop window or disconnect. It seems odd to me that the application running on a remote machine would not be able to issue commands via Global send keys simply because it is minimized on my desktop.

MichaelBrown
Level 2
@cvs0115 we ran into the same issue and found that the screen was getting locked after 15 minutes on our bot. We created a ""Unlock Screen"" utility that we now incorporate into all of our processes that detects if the screen is locked and unlocks it if it is. Our utility utilizes the ""Is Locked"" and ""Unlock"" actions that are part of the Login Agent ""Login"" process. See screen shot attached.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Michal,

I am also facing similar issue, Using the login Agent is temporary fix also we need to give password for each VM where ever the process is running, we need to implement to logic to check the machine name and take the password accordingly.

The process runs fine on other VM and same process facing foreground issue on some of the VM. Is this the cause of policy set on VM ? 

------------------------------
Megha Parikh
Sr. Consultant
Wonderbotz LLP

Hi
Login agent installation alone wont solve your issues, you need to have appropiate policies set on the environment to avaoid frequent lockout of the machine when the system does background operation 

1.increase /disable screen lock time (default value of the policy will be 900seconds)
2.disable any logon screen messages (most of the entrprise will have global setting to enforce disclaimers to be displayed at logon )
3.Disable windows update notification banners when updates are available,restart is required after auto update
4.disable screen savers
5.enable policy that will not enforce need for Alt+CTRL+Del to get to logon screen (login agent 6.6+ has SAS bypass option still  its recomended to disable this through policy if possible)

Jerin Jose
RPA Product SME
EY
Asia/Kolkata