cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Darshan Hiranandani : How do active queues enhance system performance and efficiency?

Hello everyone,

I'm Darshan Hiranandani, currently developing a process to optimize the consumption of work queue items as efficiently as possible. Instead of running a session that terminates after processing all the items, I’m considering keeping the session running in a continuous loop even when the queue is empty.

I’m weighing the option of using "active queues" for session management versus manually running sessions. While "active queues" offer features like specifying a resource group as the execution target instead of a general resource pool, I'm not entirely clear on the specific benefits.

Could anyone shed light on whether "active queues" are essential for this scenario and what their distinct advantages or potential drawbacks might be?

Thanks in advance!

Darshan Hiranandani 

2 REPLIES 2

John__Carter
Staff
Staff

Hi Darshan, active queues are not essential for your idea, an ordinary queue will do. An active queue changes the way in which processes are started and stopped, but to my mind doesn't really influence the design of a process.

Maybe others with more experience of using AQ in real-world automations can add their thoughts.

Nandhakumar
Level 5

Hi Darshan,

Yes, you can create a process where it will run continously based on your requirement eventhough there are no items in queue and poll the queue untill bot gets a work item.

whereas Active queues can be used to distribute the work load automatically within the resource pool assigned based on the availability of the resources. Which is very much help in terms of increase in load during peak hours or days to process the items within the SLA time. This will help you to utilize the bots efficiently.