Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data gateway : Special Character error

Ankit_KumarRaja
Level 3
Hello Team

• Explain what you are trying to achieve 
I am trying to setup Data Gateway to write session logs to a File in Local system
• Explain what is actually happening 
Data Gateway  in Control room is throwing error about special character, PFA screenshot.
Describe any applications you are interacting with • 
I am interacting with MS Excel and Google Translate in attached process/object.
List any significant changes that have occurred lately that may have affected the solution e.g. system or Windows update 
I am using trial version of Blueprism currently and this is first time I have setup the Data Gateway. I have followed this video of Blueprism to do the same:

• Most importantly explain, if you can, how the error can be replicated. This will allow the support team to not only identify the issue but also create and test a solution.   
All I can say is if you follow the steps given in this video, you might/might not get this error. So its based on the error message we can check where its coming from.

I have tried uninstalling and installing Blueprism, SQL server Management Studio and Data Gatway- DataGatewaysEngineInstaller1.1_x86, but no luck.

------------------------------
Ankit Kumar Rajak
Blueprism Developer
TCS
Asia/Kolkata
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Ankit_KumarRaja
Level 3
Hello All

If anyone received the error and didn't get the solution...

Stop Data Gateway Services from Blue prism & BP server services from service manager(services.msc)

Go to C drive -> Users -> (Profile) -> find the file named ".logstash_jdbc_last_run" and delete it.

Restart the BP server service & Data Gateway services following that. You will find it running.

For more details, keep observing the log file :  (drive)\Logstash\logstash\logs\logstash-plain.txt

Ankit Kumar Rajak
Blueprism Developer
TCS
Asia/Kolkata

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Ankit_KumarRaja
Level 3
Hello All

If anyone received the error and didn't get the solution...

Stop Data Gateway Services from Blue prism & BP server services from service manager(services.msc)

Go to C drive -> Users -> (Profile) -> find the file named ".logstash_jdbc_last_run" and delete it.

Restart the BP server service & Data Gateway services following that. You will find it running.

For more details, keep observing the log file :  (drive)\Logstash\logstash\logs\logstash-plain.txt

Ankit Kumar Rajak
Blueprism Developer
TCS
Asia/Kolkata