cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database

BenAnderson
Level 5
Hi there, 

I was wondering if anybody could help shed some light on an issue I came across this morning in our Production environment. I received an error stating that the Production database has reached it's size quota (please see attached screenshot). To the best of my knowledge, the database capacity was not anywhere near maximum.

I have tried Archiving and deleting old logs, however BP throws another error when attempting this, stating that it is already archiving (although Automatic archiving is switched off). 

Has anyone experienced anything similar to this and been able to resolve it? I'm using BP version 6.2.1.

Many thanks for your help,
Kind regards,

Ben

------------------------------
Benjamin Anderson
Data Analyst
EY
Europe/London
Benjamin Anderson, Senior Consultant, UK
2 REPLIES 2

Hello Benjamin,
There could be several reasons why you get the error message you have attached. Since the biggest tables are not always the session logs, I suggest running a query to see which tables are the culprits and then delete, archive or save them in a different place.  As regarding the archiving issue, please bear in mind that if an archiving or restoring operation is interrupted for some reasons, the machine doing the archiving can remain registered in the database as still performing an operation. This will prevent any further archiving or restoring from being done. In the BPv6.2 you are using there is a new capability provided to release database locks which can occur during archiving. The lock can be released by selecting 'Release Archive Lock' from the Archiving screen within the System panel. Once selected, the lock is cleared from the database and an audit entry is created.  When a Resource first initialises, if an archive lock is in place, the Resource will automatically attempt to clear it.
After you cleared the locks you can try the manual archiving again which in turn should take care of the database has reached its quota issue.
Failing that, your issue would require further investigation for us to determine whether this is a Blue Prism product issue and I suggest you raised a ticket on the BP portal where we would be happy to investigate it further: https://portal.blueprism.com
Hope this helps

Andrea Vezzoni
Customer Support Engineer
Blue Prism
Andrea Vezzoni Customer Support Engineer Blue Prism

Hi Andrea, 

That's very helpful thank you. And it's very useful to know about the "Release Archive Lock" functionality. It's archiving fine now!
Thank you for your help,

Ben

Benjamin Anderson
Data Analyst
EY
Europe/London
Benjamin Anderson, Senior Consultant, UK