cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date Switching

JamesWilliams1
Level 4
Hi I am having an issue with dates in object studio. I am adding a CSV file to a collection (One important field in the CSV file is a date) and when the data transfers over BP switches the day and month around. E.g. A date of 10/08/2017 becomes 08/10/2017. I don't really want to change the data type to text as I am running a decision which needs to look at dates within a range and compares it to the date in the collection. With the day and month switching this makes the date range decision unusable. Any ideas how to rectify this? Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
I am guessing there is a local environment setting that is impacting your dates so some kind of US/UK convesion is occuring. To ensure the date is held as you want it you could convert it from the text field using the MakeDate function - where you specify exactly how to build the date.

Thanks Denis I will give it a try

JamesWilliams1
Level 4
Update* I have tried bringing the data into a collection as Text but BP is still switching the date around to US format. When I run my initial report it exports the date values as dates when it writes to a CSV file. I then use BP MS Excel VBO Object to add to a collection where I have set each field value in the collection as text. Any further ideas?

PrateekMehan
Level 6
HI James, Use MakeDate function or Format Date function to use it the way you want.

Manohar_SaiBurr
Level 3
Hi JamesWilliams, Format date function in calculation stage is useful. Try it once