EmmanuelNeiza
Level 2

i want to identify with Decipher a specific element from a table,

I want a specific column value based on a label

for example I've the following table:

header1|header2|header3|header4

value1   | 1            | 1         | 1

value2   | 2            | 2         | 2 

I want to define through a DFD field, to only recognize the content of header1 if it's equal to "value2" and then assign to that field the value of header4

what could be the best approach to do this and if it's possible to do it through decipher

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

RamonNunez
Staff
Staff

So you would have to create the table in the DFD and get all the values for column 1 and column4. Then you would use the formula option of the result field to store the value of column4 as your result. The formula will depend on the type of the value that you would get from header1 column. If the value is text then the formula will go sort of like this:

IF(STRCMP(FT_HEADER1, "value2"),FT_HEADER4,"")

This compares the string capture for header1 with value and if it is true then it stores the value in header4 in the result field. The result field will be added as an additional column on the table that contains the result from the expression. Also it must contain the autocalculate and assignable flags. If value2 is a number then you will have to use the "EQ()" function instead of the "STRCMP()". For more information on formula language see the link below:
Decipher Online User Guide - Formula Language

TejendraBandaru
Level 3
@Ramon Nunez I have a similar kind of requirement, will you be able to let me know how i can update the formual?

I am trying to extract data from Uber bill, which is part of my training.
I have given the Formula for CGST Amount as (Net Amount * 0.025) which is 2.5% of net amount. It is calculating and comparing the exact value in the scanned document. How should i give the approximation in the formula window? 

Attachment added ​

RamonNunez
Staff
Staff