MichalisGemisto
Level 3

Hello,

decipher server service is not be able to start, giving the following error

9339.png

In addition if I go to Event Viewer I get the following error logs

9340.png

and that one

9341.pngOne more thing to point out, to have the whole picture is that the admin password that I use to log in to BluePrism with the Decipher database has expired.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

------------------------------
Michalis Gemistos
5 REPLIES 5

lookman
Staff
Staff
Hi Michalis.

As noted in the error message and your comment about the password expiration, this is the problem.

There are two databases involved. One is the Blue Prism DB where the Decipher license is stored and the other is the actual Decipher DB that Decipher uses for its own purposes.

When Decipher starts, it makes sure it can log into the Blue Prism DB to ensure the Decipher license is valid. If it cannot access the DB, the server will not start.

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism

Hi Jack, 

thanks for the reply. Would that issue be resolved by changing the password? I changed it and Server is still not running.

Michalis Gemistos

Hi Michalis.

What is the Event Viewer message saying? Is it still the same about the password?

Another place you can look for help to resolve errors is:

C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Blue Prism

The log for the Decipher Server Service is DecipherWebServer.

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism

Hi,

the message is the same for Event Viewer even after changing the password. The is not such a log file on that path only two folders

9329.png

Michalis Gemistos

Hi Michalis,

Given that you are still getting the same error about the inability to connect to the database, I need some clarity.

The error message says it cannot connect to BLUEPRISMDB. This is the database that contains the Decipher license correct? 

Please take a look at the documentation (Standalone deployment (blueprism.com) and confirm you are installing everything correctly.

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism