cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource PC and running a process via Control Room

TomMason
Level 4
Hi All,

We are currently rebuilding everything (Servers, Blue Prism Software, Processes, Objects etc....) and have come up against an issue.

We are currently on Version 6.10.0 and Windows 10 environments etc.
We have 2 Dev/UAT VM Environments, 1 Control Room VM Environment, and 1 Live/Production VM Environment.

We have brought a fully tested process into the Control Room VM and have run the Process via dragging it onto the Resource PC (which has the Listener installed) however when we run the Process via Start in the Control Room, then some of it begins but then fails due to a number of reasons but the most common seems to be

Internal: Unexpected error The handle is invalid.

It is as though the Live/Production VM is waiting for the screen to be physically visible.....

We don't use Login Agent, as we are just trying to get everything up and running in the new environments...

Has anyone come across this and have any ideas?

Thanks In advance,

Tom

2 REPLIES 2

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Tom - you know me, I've got to ask the dumb questions, but the machine is definitely logged into Windows? It's not the login agent Resource PC that's trying to launch applications when Windows is logged out is it? Also, messages about handles make me think of Excel - is that installed, licensed, and working properly on the VM?​

TomMason
Level 4
Hi John, Hope you're well mate and no worries about the questions, completely right to ask them...

We aren't using Login Agent at the moment, as we are having to rebuild everything. 

Everything is working in DEV/UAT yet when we run the process via Control Room onto our Production VM, then Firefox doesn't launch.... but it does everywhere else and whn you run it manually on the Live Environment. 

It is within the Task Manager, but not launched at all..... we're at a loss!

I've watched the Process by using a VM Viewer program but nothing happens at all.... the Work Queue is populated and the next step is to launch Firefox to go to the required URL, but no Firefox appears....