cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decipher deployment

MarkAlexandrovi
Level 4

Hi!

I have 4 virtual machine (1 environment): SQL Server with database (BluePrism DB for development process), Application Server, Interactive Client and Runtime Resource. There is no problem.

Then I want to add Decipher. In the instructions is written about 4 Server (Decipher Web Server, Decipher Clients Server, Decipher Server and Decipher Licensing Server) besides SQL Server.
Can someone clarify below questions

• What is the best way to deploy it: 4 Servers in virtual machine with Application Server or 4 Servers in 4 new virtual machine, or 4 Servers in one new virtual machine?
  • Can I deploy 4 Servers in Application Server or in one new virtual machine with multi-device deployment?
  • Do you have any scheme (pictures) with all machine (SQL Server, Application Server, Interactive Client, Runtime Resource, Decipher Web Server, Decipher Clients Server, Decipher Server and Decipher Licensing Server and maybe something else) for multi-device deployment?
  • Should I create a new database for Decipher or can I use first DB (BluePrism DB for development process) for Decipher too?

------------------------------
    Mark Alexandrovich
    RPA Technical Leader
    Moscow
    +79166853117
    1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

IgorRosančić
    Level 4
    Hi Mark,

Depends what you want and how big use of Decipher you will have.
    I install Decipher on separate machine just to avoid any problems with current Blue Prism environment. And in that case, you can put all services on one machine or you can have separate machines. Maybe for start (test) it will be good to put everything to one machine and than you will see how that will work.
    In any case we have something like this (still in DEV/test phase, but same logic I plan to implement also in production):
    - Blue Prims DEV server
    - Blue Prims Resource machine/s
    - SQL DB for Blue Prism

On that environment We added now just for Decipher:
    - one new server on which we install Blue prism client and all Decipher services
    - two additional SQl server DB for Decipher (we have this DB's on separate SQL server, but you can also have as SQL Express on same machine where is Decipher). If you will install Decipher 1.2 you will need 2 separate DB's . One for Decipher as main DB, and separate for reporting (without this second you will not have all statictic in web interface)

Installation you must do by steps in Decipher installation.
    Only few remarks:
    - you must connect Blue Prism client, which you will install on Decipher server, to Blue prism DB (because license for Decipher must go there-in BP DB). Also that Blue Prism client you need only for that configuration but you must have it.
    - if you will create SQL DB on separate server, you must have rights so that Decipher installation can create this two DB's. 

Igor Rosančić

View answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

IgorRosančić
    Level 4
    Hi Mark,

Depends what you want and how big use of Decipher you will have.
    I install Decipher on separate machine just to avoid any problems with current Blue Prism environment. And in that case, you can put all services on one machine or you can have separate machines. Maybe for start (test) it will be good to put everything to one machine and than you will see how that will work.
    In any case we have something like this (still in DEV/test phase, but same logic I plan to implement also in production):
    - Blue Prims DEV server
    - Blue Prims Resource machine/s
    - SQL DB for Blue Prism

On that environment We added now just for Decipher:
    - one new server on which we install Blue prism client and all Decipher services
    - two additional SQl server DB for Decipher (we have this DB's on separate SQL server, but you can also have as SQL Express on same machine where is Decipher). If you will install Decipher 1.2 you will need 2 separate DB's . One for Decipher as main DB, and separate for reporting (without this second you will not have all statictic in web interface)

Installation you must do by steps in Decipher installation.
    Only few remarks:
    - you must connect Blue Prism client, which you will install on Decipher server, to Blue prism DB (because license for Decipher must go there-in BP DB). Also that Blue Prism client you need only for that configuration but you must have it.
    - if you will create SQL DB on separate server, you must have rights so that Decipher installation can create this two DB's. 

Igor Rosančić

Hi Igor,

Thank you very much for the detailed answer!
    I choose to put all services on one machine because at first I want to see Decipher.
    Can you help me with another question that I had when installing Decipher Web client:
    I need to write Application Server IP\URL, but in Decipher installation is written "This IP address is required when you install the Decipher server". So I don't understand which IP to enter: IP Application Server or IP machine with Decipher Server or IP SQL Server​. Tell me please which option to choose?

Mark Alexandrovich
    RPA Technical Leader
    OCS Distribution
    Moscow
    +79166853117

Hi, sorry for late answer.
    When you install web server you must enter IP address of Decipher application server.

Regards

Igor Rosančić

Oops. I think I have a mistake in my IT infrastructure.
    Did I get it right:
    Imagine that I have 2 environments (for Dev and for Test) and I have 2 Application server (App Server 1 and App Server 2) for them. And then I want to add Decipher for dev and for test, so I need to install 2 more application server (App Server 3 and App Server 4), don't I? And then, when I install web server (for Dev or for Test environments) I must enter IP address of App Server 3/App Server 4, don't I?
    Did I get it right?

Mark Alexandrovich
    RPA Technical Leader
    OCS Distribution
    Moscow
    +79166853117

Yes. If you will install two Decipher installations for two different environments. Then you will use IP's of that servers.

Igor Rosančić

Thanks so much 🙂 I will fix my some mistake.

Mark Alexandrovich
    RPA Technical Leader
    OCS Distribution
    Moscow
    +79166853117