cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send keys problem with point

VratHimbo
Level 6
Hi team,
i've some problem to send point key in a dos window.. For example i need to write "test.exe" but it wrote "testexe" without point.
How can i manage that? Any ideas?
If i try manually everything is fine.

Thanks in advance

------------------------------
Vrat Himbo
4 REPLIES 4

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Vrat - maybe try the ASCII code in an expression, eg "test" & Chr(46) & "exe". Or see if Send Key Events is any better than Send Keys. Or try pasting?

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

AmiBarrett
Level 12
I do see it documented where Windows SendKeys vs SendInput has this problem. I tested in v7 to see if it would work and didn't run into any problems. Are you using GSK Events, by chance? If not, I'm starting to wonder if Product team made a change somewhere along the way.
15869.png

Ami Barrett
RPA Blue Prism SME
Karsun Solutions
Plano TX

There are certain circumstances where global send keys doesn't work as expected, so it's better to use global send key events and pass the same input. 
However, it also depends on the target window where you are throwing the inputs keys.

MuraliKrishna
RPA Consultant

Hi @VratHimbo,

In order to deal with such scenarios, you can copy the data in the clipboard using "Set Clipboard" action of Utility-Environment and then using Global send keys or Global send key events, pass the value as Ctrl+V to directly paste it.​

Ritansh Jatwani Senior Consultant
Consultant
EY
Gurgaon
*If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer