cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decipher server not running

KatarinaJakubco
Level 3
Hello, I have an issue with starting my Decipher server. 
I installed the components based on the instructions. Everything seemed fine, but my Decipher server is not running. 
The error message said: 

36605.png

I saw previous threads, and I tried to reinstall the whole package. 
Same issue. The other services are running. 
36606.png
36607.png

Thanks in advance
Katarina.
9 REPLIES 9

Hi, Katarina,

look in windows event log or decipher log
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Blue
Prism\ApplicationServer\Logs
 for more information. If you can share it we will be in better position to advise.

Regards,

Zdenek

KatarinaJakubco
Level 3
Hi Zdenek, 
thanks for the answer. But I cannot find the folder you mentioned. 
I have only these logs: 
36597.png

Hi, Katarina, 

this  might happen in case Decipher service has not been running at all. Can you check the event viewer log for errors related to this behavior?

Regards,

Zdenek

KatarinaJakubco
Level 3
Hi Zdenek, yes I found now the logs in event viewer.

With DecipherService I've got the event log:
36600.png

And one below from my MSSQL I´ve got an error or event data:
36601.png

Hi, Katarina,

very well!

The solution is easy - you need to give proper permission to your NT Authority\System account to Decipher database - the best for PoC or testing is give it dbo and you are ready to go. Do you know how to do it in SQL Management Console application? Assuming that you run database on the same machine as you installed Decipher software.

Best regards,

Zdenek

KatarinaJakubco
Level 3
Hi Zdenek, thanks again.
Yes I run database on the same machine as I installed Decipher.
I checked it it seems that it still doesn't work. 
Same issue I assume.
36602.png

Maybe I am doing something wrong but It looks like this in my MSSQL. DBO rights are granted
36603.png

Hi, Katarina,

now the message is different as it complains about Blueprism database whereas before it was complaining about DecipherServerDb so we moved one step ahead. Can you check log of Licensing Service? It should be located here "c:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Blue Prism\Decipher Licensing Service\". It seems that it can't access Blue Prism database.

Regards,

Zdenek

KatarinaJakubco
Level 3
Hi Zdenek, 
yes here it is
36604.png

Hi, Katarina,

apologies for the delay to answer your question.

Now the message says that for account NT Authority\System the log in failed for the database. Well, I am not saying anything new. Could you give this account more permissions on the server level? Like sysadmin but just temporarily so that we can nail down the issue. The other option would be to give the Licensing Service different account to be running under and give that account permissions to your Blue Prism database. This should move us forward another step.

Regards,

Zdenek