cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop application does not work if it is active

MarceloFernande
Level 2
Hello

I'm trying to capture elements of an application with blueprism and it recognizes them.

The problem is when I try to send a global send keys or a click center when the application is activated.
For example, try to make the rpa click on one of the elements to enter a window, but the robot simply executes the flow without performing the action (I clarify that an error message does not appear)
Strangely, the robot interacts correctly while the application is not selected, but it must be active to work.

I would appreciate any help or advice you can offer.

Greetings.

----------
Marcelo fernandez
----------
1 REPLY 1

Hi Marcelo,

You can try couple of things here:

- Firstly, ensure that first you activate the application window by selecting the Win32 element of your Application tree, then you send a Global Mouse Click on the spied element where you want to enter the text and at the end you use Global Send Keys Or Global Send Key Events on the root application element(in my experience, many times people try to use Send Global Keys action directly on the element where you want to enter the text and that is the reason why it fails, remember it should always be the root node of your application tree).

- Secondly, you can provide some delay between each step to ensure proper working of the logic at runtime from Control Room.

You can refer the below screenshot for more details:

36529.png

If still  the above approach doesn't work, change the Element Type in your application modeller wizard for that specific element or spy with a different spying mode and repeat the above steps.

Do let us know if this resolves your query and wish you a Happy New Year! 😄
----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

----------------------------------