cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discovery of processes using rest api

SachinDivakar
Level 2

We are trying to trigger (start/stop) processes from external proxy server written in Node through Rest API. 
After going through some docs and question I understand that we can expose processes through Rest API.
I am trying to understand is there any Blueprism standard rest apis available which can be used to find out what all processes are there and is there any jwt authentication mechanism available for exposed endpoints.

3 REPLIES 3

bruce.liu
Staff
Staff

Hi Sachin,

You may find BP REST API reference for v7.2 at here. Note that different BP version has slightly different set of API endpoints available. The newest version tends to have more functionality. To take advantage of BP REST API, you must install Blue Prism Hub alongside with Blue Prism Enterprise. 

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Bruce Liu

SachinDivakar
Level 2

Hi Bruce,
Thanks for sharing the api reference it's been very helpful. Thanks for the heads up regarding blue prism versions as well. I went through the api reference  I have few follow up questions.

1. To discover a process, GET /api/v7/processes endpoint can be used it would list out all the processes.
  2. To start a process you have to push the process in a queue and to find the status of the process we will have to first call GET /api/v7/workqueues endpoint and based on some logic select queues. So is there any reason to choose a specific queue and also is there any way to find queue with least number of items.
    Based on the selected queue's id, call POST /api/v7/workqueues/{workQueueId}/items/batch endpoint to start process and once queue processes it the status will change accordingly to find the status of the queue we will have to call GET /api/v7/workqueues/{workQueueId}/items/{workQueueItemId} endpoint.
  3. Thirdly regarding the authentication, it says here blueprism supports open auth 2.0, so  based on clientId and secret if token is generated and that token is passed along in header as `Authorization: Bearer xxcyxsdda` format will rest apis be accessible.

bruce.liu
Staff
Staff

Hi Sachin,

1. You are correct.
  2. I feel you may benefit from some Blue Prism training to understand how the key concepts of sessions, work queues, work queue items and processes work. A good place to start is Blue Prism University. If you have a Blue Prism COE in your organisation, I would advise you to reach out to them to get more information.
  3. You need to contact a separate Authentication Server authentication endpoint with your client id and client secret to obtain an access token, which can then be used in the header of other endpoints. I have a Postman asset for Blue Prism API on Digital Exchange that you may find useful to see how it works. 

Cheers,

Bruce Liu