cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do something automatically to processes with 'Warning' status

JeremyYong
Level 3
Hello, I have a bot currently running on schedule four times a day and I have encountered one particular issue twice now (the bot has been running for 2 months total). The issue that happens occurs from within a code block, where BP attempts to open an excel file that is hosted on a sharepoint. There is a pop up that says something along the lines of 'The file could not be opened'. I was lucky enough to see it the first time and manually click OK on the pop up (Excel attempts to open the file again after that and proceeds normally), but the second time, the bot remained hanging on that pop up for 2 straight hours since no one noticed it.  So I was wondering, is there a way to tell BP to stop the process and restart it when something like this happens? The only thing that is happening right now is that the process' status changes to 'Warning' on the control room, but that's about it; no concrete action is being taken. Thanks, Jeremy
3 REPLIES 3

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
A tricky one. There is a 'global timeout' in Application Modeller but the problem is the Excel VBO doesn't use Application Modeller to integrate with Excel, it's all done via the Excel API using code stages. And I guess the 'open file' code stage is being blocked by the popup. I don't have an immediate answer so I'd suggest contacting the Support team for technical advice.

JeremyYong
Level 3
All right, thank you 🙂

TetsujiJunicho
Level 9
Hi You can do it by setting the DontShowUI registry value to 1 to disable any UI of Windows Event Reporting on your computer. Windows Error Report settings are located in one of the following registry subkeys: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting Hope this will help.