cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentation on "Defer" action

NicholasZejdlik
Level 9
I am working off of Blue Prism version 5.24, with eventual plans to upgrade to the latest version. I was recently looking at the built-in documentation for the Defer action within the Work Queues object. It states that when deferring an item, the attempts count is reset to zero:
29057.png

However, I have found that Defer does not reset the attempts to zero, at least it does not in version 5.24. Not resetting the attempts is the desirable behavior, as many of our processes have a Mark Exception -> Defer workflow, so that items can be retried in the future. If Defer were to actually reset the attempt count, it would cause some items to be stuck in a never-ending loop.

My question is, what is the behavior of Defer on the most recent version of Blue Prism? Since the behavior of Defer differs from the documentation on 5.24, I am wondering if the documentation is updated in later versions, or if Defer in fact does reset the attempt count. I'm not really concerned if the documentation is off, but if Defer actually resets the attempt count then that could cause issues with processes as far as upgrading to the latest version.

------------------------------
Nicholas Zejdlik
RPA Developer
------------------------------
0 REPLIES 0