cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone else have MS Edge occasionally try to force sign in?

Afternoon all

I submitted this in the NHS Network and haven't heard anything back so am putting this out to the broader community.

Occasionally, and unpredictably, when we launch an MS Edge session, Microsoft sticks its nose in where it's not wanted and prompts the user to sign in to sync data.

This is annoying, and I have fudged a way around it:

• Wait until it happened
  • Create a new BO called "Object - MS Edge - Check for forced MS Sign In"
  • Spy the elements when they appeared and then spy each of the buttons that need to be pressed (starting with "Start without your data") in order to clear the pop-up without signing in!
  • Build a Wait & Navigate Stage that steps through the steps 1s apart so that we can clear the pop-up without signing in

31856.png
I then plugged this new Biz Object in as a pro-active check for all of our processes that launch Edge.  It adds a couple of seconds whilst we wait and see if it appears, but it's not the end of the world.

Does anyone know if there is a way (without signing in as that would mean creating new email accounts) to configure Edge to stop prompting the virtual worker to sign in???

Many thx
Ian

------------------------------
Ian Meldrum
Sole RPA Developer @ Royal Surrey NHS Foundation Trust (UK)
Ian Meldrum Senior RPA Developer Royal Surrey NHS FT UK
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

AlexOliveira
Staff
Staff
Hi Ian, Happy New Year to you! 

If I understood correctly, what you want is to disable the sign-in. Meaning, you're not good to use it in any case.

There are several ways to do it. Check this article to see wich one suits your needs. 

Enable or Disable Sync for Profile in Microsoft Edge

Alex Oliveira

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AlexOliveira
Staff
Staff
Hi Ian, Happy New Year to you! 

If I understood correctly, what you want is to disable the sign-in. Meaning, you're not good to use it in any case.

There are several ways to do it. Check this article to see wich one suits your needs. 

Enable or Disable Sync for Profile in Microsoft Edge

Alex Oliveira

Hi Alex

Thanks for that, much appreciated!  I have not ever signed in any of our virtual workers, but will give it a go and then tweak the sync settings.  Worst case, I can edit the registry, but want to avoid having to do this.

Brgds
Ian

Ian Meldrum

All sorted!

Ian Meldrum

Glad to hear it.