cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Resource Manager

AkshatTangri1
Level 2
Hi,

I went through the Dynamic Resource Manager webcast. As I was trying to implement the same in my system , I was not able to get appropriate resources to do the same.

Can anybody of you please guide me to get the resources to get this implemented . Also, if the release file can be shared , that would be great.

Thanks & Regards,
Akshat Tangri

------------------------------
Akshat Tangri
Module Lead
Mercer India Pvt Ltd
Asia/Kolkata
30 REPLIES 30

Hello @Raviteja Pendyala, the Blue Prism Username and Password here are different from the credentials used to access DB. 

Since you are using SSO, here you will need to update the Resource Manager credential with a user's Windows username and password with at least the "Process Administrator" role in Blue Prism. 

But if your password has special characters that cannot be directly used in the URL (see here: https://documentation.n-able.com/N-central/userguide/Content/Further_Reading/API_Level_Integration/API_Integration_URLEncoding.html), you will need to:

1. Either modify the Resource Busy? (GET) action page to add URL encoding after getting the password. Or,
  2. Change the user's password not to use the special characters listed above.

Also, you mentioned that you use Windows Authentication for your DB access. In this case you will need to run DRM on a machine that logs in with the Windows user that can access the DB. In most cases, it's the Application Server. You cannot run it on any random machine that is not logged in with the user who has access to the DB. 

The resource port should normally be 8181, not 8199, as the resource agent listens on the 8181 port by default. DRM can figure out the resource port and names by itself, so you don't normally need to provide a resource port here. 

Jarod Yang

Senior Consultant | BluePrism