cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edge Browser Crashes After BOT attempts to interact with web application

MattFry
Level 3
I am currently encountering an issue where Edge crashes (the application closes) when the bot attempts to interact with IBM Case Manager when doing a mouse click in UIA mode.  The other issue related to this, is that if Blue Prism is attached and we manually click the same button, this can also result in Edge closing immedialey after clicking the button.

Has anyone out there encountered a scenario such as this?  If so, are there any ideas on what we can do to prevent this?

We are on 6.10.4 with the 6.10.4 browser extension.

------------------------------
Matt Fry
RPA Developer
Huntington National Bank
America/New_York
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

It's a little weird. I forgot to mention it. You have to detach and then reattach for it to work when you change the application type. When you attach while in debug mode and then change the application type while still attached, it retains the original application type in the active session of being attached.

So I do this:
1. Change app type to windows.
2. Spy in AA & adjust attributes
3. Reset & Detach
4. Change app type to Browser.
5. Attach (or Launch).
6. Verify all elements still work including the AA elements.

Dave Morris
3Ci at Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

DaveMorris
Level 14
I've encountered this as well in some cases. The workaround that I ended up using was to use Browser mode and AA mode as those tended to crash the application less often or not at all. If you're saying it happens even when you manually click while Blue Prism is attached, I think I would raise a support ticket and have someone from the Blue Prism Support team look at your use case and your app. You never know if it's possible they could give you some kind of parameters to put into app modeller or into the launch params or w/e to change how it's attaching to the app in order to do it less intrusively or something.

Edit: To clarify, when I say I used AA mode, I had to change the app modeller application type to Windows app temporarily in order to spy using AA and then I switched it back to the Browser application type.

Dave Morris
3Ci at Southern Company
Atlanta, GA

Dave,
Thank you for the tip.  When I changed the application modeller to be a windows application, AA spy mode did not appear.  Is there something else I missed when I made that change?

Thanks again sir!

Matt Fry
RPA Developer
Huntington National Bank
America/New_York

It's a little weird. I forgot to mention it. You have to detach and then reattach for it to work when you change the application type. When you attach while in debug mode and then change the application type while still attached, it retains the original application type in the active session of being attached.

So I do this:
1. Change app type to windows.
2. Spy in AA & adjust attributes
3. Reset & Detach
4. Change app type to Browser.
5. Attach (or Launch).
6. Verify all elements still work including the AA elements.

Dave Morris
3Ci at Southern Company
Atlanta, GA

Dave,
Thank you!  I was successfully able to spy in AA!

Matt Fry
RPA Developer
Huntington National Bank
America/New_York