cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Element in Chrome not found

ArkadyDudko
Level 4
Hello,
We are having a strange situation that when we run our process in designer, everything works fine. The elements are identified, and can be interacted with,  but when we run it inside a control room the process terminates with the following message

ERROR: Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Write Stage 'Write Username and Password' on page 'Login to Lander' - No element matched the query terms

this is being experienced in Chrome 79, and 80 with extensions 2.0.0.1 on Blue Prism 6.6

Any suggestions of how to troubleshoot this behavior?

thanks!

------------------------------
Arkady Dudko
2 REPLIES 2

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Often the cause of 'it works in Studio but not in Control Room' is a weakness in the synchronisation logic that is exposed by the increased running speed of CR. In other words, it runs fine at slow speed but not a high speed. So for troubleshooting I'd recommend looking at wait stages and whether the process/object is really keeping pace with the target app, or whether there is a chance that synchronisation is lost - maybe the object logic is running ahead of what the target app is actually doing.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

interesting you should say this, John, because i did solve  this issue on the dev machine i am using by putting Sleeps for few sec, and that fixed the problem ( on my dev machine), but it is still occurring on our UAT box, and on some of our prod Robots. Furthermore, we have same extensions installed on all our prod Robots, but this issue occurs on all but ONE. That means on 1 production machine the process works fine, but on all others, it gets the error. I have tried sleeps as long as 10 seconds, and still no luck to get it to work, but on the machine that ie works, it works right away with minimal waits.

Thanks for the reply, and I would appreciate greatly if there are any other ways to troubleshoot this issue - like looking in the logs , or seeing how the modeler attaches to pages, and reads elements.

Again, this is only an issue with Chrome, (Using Chrome extensions 2.0.01 )

-Arkady

Arkady Dudko