cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encryption scheme

DeiseRaiane_Rib
Level 3
Is it possible to use the Aways Encrypted encryption scheme? If yes, how do I set it up?

------------------------------
Deise Raiane Ribeiro dos Santos
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Deise,
Blueprism cannot read an always encrypted database. I went through the datasheets explaining the database provisioning best practices, i have not seen any mention of support for always encrypted DB. if your requirement is to store sensitive data in work queues there is option to enable encryption for work queue

30826.png@Bruce Liu @John Carter @EricWilson1 Does Blueprism support certificate based Always encrypted Databases?​​​​

Jerin Jose
Technical Product Owner
EY
Asia/Kolkata
*"If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer, .*

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JerinJose
Level 10
Hi Deise,

are you referring to Always encryption in Database or the encryption scheme defined in appserver for credential encryption?

Jerin Jose
Technical Product Owner
EY
Asia/Kolkata

encryption scheme and key defined in application server doesnot encrypt all the data that get saved to blueprism DB it is applicable to credentials and data that you choose to encrypt using the built in encryption Object

Jerin Jose
Technical Product Owner
EY
Asia/Kolkata

Hi Jerin!

We are using the Always Encrypted to encrypt sensitive data in the database such as the keyvalue column in the WorkQueueItem table. However, after performing the encryption directly in the database, BluePrism is not able to read the decrypted data, even after inserting the certificate that must be used on the server.

Deise Raiane Ribeiro dos Santos

Hi Deise,
Blueprism cannot read an always encrypted database. I went through the datasheets explaining the database provisioning best practices, i have not seen any mention of support for always encrypted DB. if your requirement is to store sensitive data in work queues there is option to enable encryption for work queue

30826.png@Bruce Liu @John Carter @EricWilson1 Does Blueprism support certificate based Always encrypted Databases?​​​​

Jerin Jose
Technical Product Owner
EY
Asia/Kolkata