cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Login Agent

SmithJones
Level 3
​Hi,

We are trying to implement login agent. And when it try to login a resource machine from control room for windows authentication it gives the following error.

The 0x80131505 error is occurring . The process has timed out.

Can you help us out with this?

Thanks

------------------------------
Smith Jones
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

expertcr
Staff
Staff
Good afternoon

For Login Agent to work, need all pieces working fine. this is the areas to check:
1. Check how you start the listener in your Runtime Resource (are using a batch file or using Windows Task Scheduler?), we recommend use a batch file and copy a shortcut in the startup folder for windows users.
Example:
19388.png

2. Check your Runtime Resource "Login Agent Service" to start using a valid AD user (most the time is the same you use to login to the bots to run a process). NOT A LOCAL SYSTEM.

3. Check the Loginagent.config   file, that is correct: check that is point the BP folder, check the SSO argument is add, check the connection name is valid and works.
Look at this example:
19389.png

I know this is a lot to review. If all look fine, I recommend contact us at: support@blueprism.com or create a ticket in the portal to assign an engineer to help you to review your environment.

Have a good day.

Luis Lopez
Customer Support Engineer English and Spanish
Blue Prism Ltd

View answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

expertcr
Staff
Staff
Good afternoon

For Login Agent to work, need all pieces working fine. this is the areas to check:
1. Check how you start the listener in your Runtime Resource (are using a batch file or using Windows Task Scheduler?), we recommend use a batch file and copy a shortcut in the startup folder for windows users.
Example:
19388.png

2. Check your Runtime Resource "Login Agent Service" to start using a valid AD user (most the time is the same you use to login to the bots to run a process). NOT A LOCAL SYSTEM.

3. Check the Loginagent.config   file, that is correct: check that is point the BP folder, check the SSO argument is add, check the connection name is valid and works.
Look at this example:
19389.png

I know this is a lot to review. If all look fine, I recommend contact us at: support@blueprism.com or create a ticket in the portal to assign an engineer to help you to review your environment.

Have a good day.

Luis Lopez
Customer Support Engineer English and Spanish
Blue Prism Ltd

MaxElopre
Level 5
The Login Agent "operation has timed out" error is the result of the Login Process being obstructed during the Windows login process. What's happening in the background is that Blue Prism has requested Windows to logon but something is hindering it. This could be due to a popup window that occurs during Windows logon e.g. multi-factor authentication or one of the mandatory Login Agent group policy settings not being applied.

You try installing and using a console viewer (not RDP) e.g. VNC, DameWare, Bomgar, PCAnywhere, VMware vSphere console, etc. to see the on-going session as the Login Process is being executed on the Runtime Resource.

Max Elopre
Technical Consultant
Chicago IL

Thanks Luis,

I do had a same issues and your solution work perfectly for me..
Thank you..

SHAHRULRIZAL SAID

Hello Luis,

I realize this thread has been addressed quite some time ago, but could you please guide me to the location of the Loginagent.config file?

Kristine Marie Bataan

Hi Kristine Marie Bataan,

The configuration of the Blue Prism Login Agent service, responsible for initializing the Login Agent runtime resource, is stored in a local configuration file, typically in this directory:

C:\ProgramData\Blue Prism Limited\Automate V3\LoginAgentService.config

Regards,

Leonardo Soares
RPA Developer Tech Leader
Bridge Consulting
América/Brazil
Leonardo Soares RPA Developer América/Brazil