cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error using the MS Excel VBO

PatrickMueller
Level 3
Hi everyone, I am facing the following issue: We are getting an error message every time we call the Action "Open Workbook" from BO MS Excel VBO which came with the version 5.0.33.0 We always get: ERROR: Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. It does not matter if we try to access xls or xlsx or even plain csv €“ that exception is thrown and we cannot find any hint about what the issue could be. The version we are using is 5.0.33.0 & .Net Framework 4.0.30319.42 installed on Windows Server 2012 R2 with Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 The funny thing is we have an identical installation where it works without any issue. I already opened a support ticket with BP but they were not able to help me there - also checking the EventLogs and BP Logs did not show any entries. We have already tried to un- and re-install the .Net Framework and Office but with the same result. Hope anyone can help me to find the actual issue.
12 REPLIES 12

Hello Jacek, I am using SQL Server 2016 and BluePrism version 5.0.23 with .Net 4.0.30319.42 and Office 2013 still the same issue. I mean the first time when I ran the object it worked a charm and the next time I run it just crashes with the exception

MarcelaMesa
Level 3
I'm having the same issue, with Windows Server 2012... I'm not sure what to check to fix it. Have you guys resolved this?

Gustavo_Alfredo
Level 2
HI Team, i have the same issue, ""Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.""  SQL Express 2017 , Excel 2013