cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when trying to Activate Application

TomBlackburn1
Level 7
Exception during remote setforegroundwindow - System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo) at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start() at BluePrism.ApplicationManager.clsLocalTargetApp.ForceForeground(IntPtr hwnd) Using a Navigate stage, action Activate Application. The element in Application Modeller was spyed in Win32 mode and the application is Internet Explorer. This isn't for myself, i've advised the person to log with BP support, but just thought i'd post if anyone has come across this before or understands what it means. Cheers, Tom.
3 REPLIES 3

Deep.Shah
Level 6
Hi Tom, While configuring the Object initially with Application Modeller Wizard, try specifying for Application Type as ""Browser-based Application"" (rather than specifying it as Windows-Application) and spy the entire Internet Explorer Window using Win32 mode, to activate the Application using the Navigate stage's , Activate Application Action. Hope this helps you !! Regards, Deep

LauraBroder
Level 3
Did this correct the problem? I am running into the same issue.

NeaguEduard
Level 3
Hi, I had the same problem with activating the IE window on a virtualized runtime resource (as I nee to use the send keys command and the window must be active). The runtime and app server are virtualized using VMWare and for the remote control I am using VMware vSphere which seems to fulfill BluePrism's requirements. A summary of what I did: 1. tried focusing or clicking on an HTML element - this is not activating the window; 2. spied the entire IE window with Win32 and using the Activate Application window but it didn't work as well; 3. spied the entire IE window with Active Accessibility and using the Focus action and it didn't work; The current solution that is working for me was to spy the entire IE window with the Active Accessibility and use the Global Mouse Click action (I set X=50, Y=10, Mouse Button= blank or ""Left"") and basically the mouse pointer moves on the window's title bar and clicks somewhere near the top left corner and activates the window. I tested this on a runtime virtual resource while starting the process from the virtual server (using the scheduler) and it is working even if I am remotely connected to the runtime or not. Also I connected and disconnected remotly several times while the process was running without any problem, so the solution seems to be stable. There are some actions involving mouse click on the Win32 spied window that could also work.