cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while entering User Id and Password.

Pranav
Level 3

I have spied the the login text box like user name and password; when I run the application it enters the user name and password that I have specified in the data items correctly and then click on LOGIN button; but website throws that -please enter username - please enter password So, I feel that website didnt really recognize the text that BP entered in both fields thus it thrwos the error; any idea what else can be done here?

I have a wait stage as well 1. Launch website 2. Wait 3. Write stage to username & pwd 4. wait stage 5. click on LOGIN button.

on step#3 I tried before that focus/centre click or double as well before writing the text into the textbox it worked but when I am running it through a bot it is not able to login.

------------------------------
Pranav Khullar
SE
Asia/Kolkata
8 REPLIES 8

Daniel_Sanhueza
Level 8
Hello Pranav!
I used to have the same issue with one of my project
Some websites cant recognize when you send the whole text in the text box, the Stage "Write Stage" just put the entire text and the element itself doesnt seems populated. Instead of doing that i have to the send keys strokes to emulate that a person is writting on that text box. 
You can use a Navigate Stage with an action of 'Global Send keys' or 'Windows Press Keys'

Tips:
If you have spied the textbox element with HTML MODE, the 'Global send keys' or 'Windows Press Keys' will not appear as an action of the element. So try to Spy again with another mode. I recommend UI Automation Mode(this works for me).
When you emulate the keystrokes make sure you put an interval in the inputs of the action. 0.1 seems reasonable.

Let me know if this works for you.

Greetings!

Daniel Andrés Sanhueza Ibarra
Junior Staff
Deloitte
America/Santiago
Daniel Sanhueza
RPA Professional Developer
Deloitte

When I am trying to do the global send keys thing I am getting an error when my Resource Pc server are closed, The bots are only able to launch the application but not able to enter User Id and Password. But when the server is open (Resources Pc is connected) I am able to run and bot is able to send keys.

Pranav Khullar
SE
Infosys
Asia/Kolkata

I'm glad that Global Send Keys resolve the problem in the website "please enter username - please enter password". Now the problems lays in other concept, i assume that you're working with Resources that are in a VM, if that is the case make sure that you're using Login Agent to 'Wake up' the Resource Before the process Runs.

That problem is because the current session is not active and a Global Send Keys, as far as i know need an Active Session. If you close the remote desktop the resource go to "sleep" or stays locked. In this mode the computer does not have GUI and any attemp to run your process while the resource is lock will fail(Will fail only in the stages that require a GUI and Global send keys is one of them)
This is the best explanation that I could give you with my actual english level haha.

Login Agent should resolve that, also make sure that the Attributes are set at minimun, untick those attributes that you dont need

Junior Staff
Deloitte
America/Santiago
Daniel Sanhueza
Deloitte

Hi Daniel,

I agree with you but Login agent will be used to login to the VM or to unlock that machine in the starting only. But if Machine goes to sleep mode while running the process in that case login agent also will not work as we can not use login agent as sub process.

To make the machine active, we can run some process in background which will keep the machine in active mode everytime.

Please correct me if I am missing anything.

Regards,
Bhuvensh

------Original Message------

I'm glad that Global Send Keys resolve the problem in the website "please enter username - please enter password". Now the problems lays in other concept, i assume that you're working with Resources that are in a VM, if that is the case make sure that you're using Login Agent to 'Wake up' the Resource Before the process Runs.

That problem is because the current session is not active and a Global Send Keys, as far as i know need an Active Session. If you close the remote desktop the resource go to "sleep" or stays locked. In this mode the computer does not have GUI and any attemp to run your process while the resource is lock will fail(Will fail only in the stages that require a GUI and Global send keys is one of them)
This is the best explanation that I could give you with my actual english level haha.

Login Agent should resolve that, also make sure that the Attributes are set at minimun, untick those attributes that you dont need

Junior Staff
Deloitte
America/Santiago

You're totally right!, but Login Agent is not only about the process to login the machine, you can use some actions of the object that login agent has.
There's an action called "Is Locked" that returns a flag as output, you can use that with the action "Unlock" in your flow.

In the flow, before to the Launch steps that you always use to open an application you can use that logic "Is Locked - > Decision Stage - > If true - >  Unlock"

Junior Staff
Deloitte
America/Santiago
Daniel Sanhueza
Deloitte

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your explanation.

I am not aware of we can use Login Agents other action in the middle of any process (like subprocess).

Could you please explain me how can we do this.
It might help us also in BOT creation.

Regards,
Bhuvnesh

You're totally right!, but Login Agent is not only about the process to login the machine, you can use some actions of the object that login agent has.
There's an action called "Is Locked" that returns a flag as output, you can use that with the action "Unlock" in your flow.

In the flow, before to the Launch steps that you always use to open an application you can use that logic "Is Locked - > Decision Stage - > If true - >  Unlock"

Junior Staff
Deloitte
America/Santiago

Sure Bhuvnesh!
After the installation you have to import the Login Agent Release.bprelease that is in the folder Blue Prism Login Agent. This release contains processes that you use to Login the machine as you should know already. Also the release has an Object called "Login Agent" This object has a lot of actions that you can use in your process flow as any other Utility object that you already have used 🙂

What i would do is when you Mark an item as completed you have to re-focus the target application to work the next item, is here where you should add the logic to ask if the screen is locked or not.

If the machine goes to sleep mode  while you're working the current item should fall in the retry logic, in this you should add that logic of unlock screen and retry the item offcourse

Use the action of the Login Agent VBO as any other Utility Object.

There's a tons of ways of doing that and this is one of them. I would have liked to put images of this but  I'm not on my computer 😞

Let me know if this works for you

Regards,
Daniel

Junior Staff
Deloitte
America/Santiago
Daniel Sanhueza
Deloitte

Thanks Daniel for your explanation.

I will surely try this on my system and will let you know if it works for me.

Regards,
Bhuvnesh

Sure Bhuvnesh!
After the installation you have to import the Login Agent Release.bprelease that is in the folder Blue Prism Login Agent. This release contains processes that you use to Login the machine as you should know already. Also the release has an Object called "Login Agent" This object has a lot of actions that you can use in your process flow as any other Utility object that you already have used 🙂

What i would do is when you Mark an item as completed you have to re-focus the target application to work the next item, is here where you should add the logic to ask if the screen is locked or not.

If the machine goes to sleep mode  while you're working the current item should fall in the retry logic, in this you should add that logic of unlock screen and retry the item offcourse

Use the action of the Login Agent VBO as any other Utility Object.

There's a tons of ways of doing that and this is one of them. I would have liked to put images of this but  I'm not on my computer 😞

Let me know if this works for you

Regards,
Daniel

Junior Staff
Deloitte
America/Santiago