cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while entering User Id and Password.

Pranav
Level 3

I have spied the the login text box like user name and password; when I run the application it enters the user name and password that I have specified in the data items correctly and then click on LOGIN button; but website throws that -please enter username - please enter password So, I feel that website didnt really recognize the text that BP entered in both fields thus it thrwos the error; any idea what else can be done here?

I have a wait stage as well 1. Launch website 2. Wait 3. Write stage to username & pwd 4. wait stage 5. click on LOGIN button.

on step#3 I tried before that focus/centre click or double as well before writing the text into the textbox it worked but when I am running it through a bot it is not able to login.

------------------------------
Pranav Khullar
SE
Asia/Kolkata
7 REPLIES 7

Bhuvnesh_KumarG
Level 3
Hi Pranav,

It happens when an application expects keystrokes but you are writing the username and password in the respective fields.

Instead of using Write Stage try to use Global Send Keys to enter username and Password and then log in.

It might help you.

Best if luck.

Bhuvnesh Kumar Gupta
Sr. Software Engineer
Xavient Information System
Asia/Kolkata

Yes I tried that and it worked but the problem is I have multi bot architecture, BP is installed on multiple servers.

Manually by doing step over it is working but when I assign a bot to this process to run automatically and disconnect the server it is not able to enter User Id and Password through global send keys it gets stuck on the login screen only able to launch the page.

------Original Message------

Hi Pranav,

It happens when an application expects keystrokes but you are writing the username and password in the respective fields.

Instead of using Write Stage try to use Global Send Keys to enter username and Password and then log in.

It might help you.

Best if luck.

Bhuvnesh Kumar Gupta
Sr. Software Engineer
Xavient Information System
Asia/Kolkata

Hi Pranav,

Ideally it should work doesn't matter if it is Multi BOT architecture.

I just wanted to know why are you disconnecting your server while running the process automatically.

Regards,
Bhuvensh

Yes I tried that and it worked but the problem is I have multi bot architecture, BP is installed on multiple servers.

Manually by doing step over it is working but when I assign a bot to this process to run automatically and disconnect the server it is not able to enter User Id and Password through global send keys it gets stuck on the login screen only able to launch the page.

As I said earlier I am using multiple bot architecture on which Blue Prism application is installed on all the servers One is Interactive client, Two are App server and 8 are Resource Pc (bots).
Since our process is triggered when the entry made in our database so we usually close all the servers before making entry in a database.

Earlier we are using write stage to enter the user id and password and it was working fine but now since the website has updated few forms that don't allow writing the User Id and password.

When I use Global send key everything works fine it logs in to the website easily but when the server is closed and the entry triggered in the database which triggers the bot to wake up and run the process the bots gets stuck on the login screen they are only able to launch the application but not able to enter the User Id and password.

Is it due to the citrix server.?? because I am using citrix receiver to login into the BluePrism servers and I read somewhere we cannot use global send key on citrix servers.

Hi Pranav,

Ideally it should work doesn't matter if it is Multi BOT architecture.

I just wanted to know why are you disconnecting your server while running the process automatically.

Regards,
Bhuvensh

Hi Pranav,

I am not sure if this is the Citrix issue because in my case it was working, my application was also available over the server.

For Global send keys, you need to activate the application but you are saying that you have to disconnect the sever so in that case it will not work as application will not be visible or will not be active as well.

For that application should be available on the all servers and all servers should be connected.

Regards,
Bhuvnesh

As I said earlier I am using multiple bot architecture on which Blue Prism application is installed on all the servers One is Interactive client, Two are App server and 8 are Resource Pc (bots).
Since our process is triggered when the entry made in our database so we usually close all the servers before making entry in a database.

Earlier we are using write stage to enter the user id and password and it was working fine but now since the website has updated few forms that don't allow writing the User Id and password.

When I use Global send key everything works fine it logs in to the website easily but when the server is closed and the entry triggered in the database which triggers the bot to wake up and run the process the bots gets stuck on the login screen they are only able to launch the application but not able to enter the User Id and password.

Is it due to the citrix server.?? because I am using citrix receiver to login into the BluePrism servers and I read somewhere we cannot use global send key on citrix servers.

Hi Bhuvnesh,

You said need to activate the application how can I do that?

Hi Pranav,

I am not sure if this is the Citrix issue because in my case it was working, my application was also available over the server.

For Global send keys, you need to activate the application but you are saying that you have to disconnect the sever so in that case it will not work as application will not be visible or will not be active as well.

For that application should be available on the all servers and all servers should be connected.

Regards,
Bhuvnesh

Hi Pranav,

To activate the application, your Machine should be active (should not be locked).

To activate the application, just select a navigate stage in your object. Then drag window element (spied in win32). You will see an action "Activate Application" available for that element, select that and use it.

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Regards,
Bhuvensh 

Hi Bhuvnesh,

You said need to activate the application how can I do that?