cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while entering User Id and Password.

Pranav
Level 3

I have spied the the login text box like user name and password; when I run the application it enters the user name and password that I have specified in the data items correctly and then click on LOGIN button; but website throws that -please enter username - please enter password So, I feel that website didnt really recognize the text that BP entered in both fields thus it thrwos the error; any idea what else can be done here?

I have a wait stage as well 1. Launch website 2. Wait 3. Write stage to username & pwd 4. wait stage 5. click on LOGIN button.

on step#3 I tried before that focus/centre click or double as well before writing the text into the textbox it worked but when I am running it through a bot it is not able to login.

------------------------------
Pranav Khullar
SE
Asia/Kolkata
3 REPLIES 3

JoakimEklund
Level 6
Hi,

Seems like the application requires direct user input, have you tried using Global Send Key when writing instead of using a Write stage towards the elements?

/Joakim

Joakim Eklund
Senior RPA Developer
Swedbank AB
Europe/Stockholm

Yes, it will work

Prashant Boga
RPA Lead
Fujitsu Australia
Asia/Kolkata

Thank you everyone for your help.

Now its working I have used "Insert Java script fragments" method to enter user Id  & password.

The global send keys method was not working for me since our bot run on servers which are locked and for Global send keys to work we need open server.

And the write stage was also not working because the user id and password input needed keystrokes.

If any of you need help with this issue please let me know.
 I have rescerched for almost two days, Got to learn a lot of new things.

------Original Message------

Yes, it will work

Prashant Boga
RPA Lead
Fujitsu Australia
Asia/Kolkata