cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while filteirng the data

ShraddhaPavagi2
Level 3
​Hi All,

I have query in filtering collection. I want to filter out the following data into another collection, I tried using Filter collection of utility management, but it's giving me attached error. Can you please suggest any way to resolve it.

I want to filter out Measure Point= '1/5/1, it already contains ' in the expression and it is of Text data type.

------------------------------
Shraddha Pavagi
7 REPLIES 7

MichalSzumski
Level 6
Hi Shraddha,

I don't know how this expression look like exactly but it should work like that "[Measure Point]='1/5/1'" (assuming that Measure Point is text column)

Best regards
Michal

Michal Szumski
RPA developer
Rockwell Automation
Europe/Warsaw

Hi Michal,

Thank you for the response. It is not giving any error but not filtering any data too.

I have one more query in addition to my previous one is that can you please tell me how to add columns in excel and store it's addition into the next cell.

Shraddha Pavagi

Hi Shraddha,

Regarding filtering - maybe this value is not present in collection and that is why there is an empty output. Check if searched value is there

Regarding Your second query - There are couple ways of doing this:

1. If excel table is small then You can read it into BP collection, add column into this collection, perform addition in loop in BP and then paste it back to excel.
2. You can just put expression for each row into next cell that will perform addition
3. Write Your own code stage to do that 🙂
4. Write macro to do that and run it with BluePrism
5. Probably there is another smarter and faster way that isn't coming to my mind right now

Best regards,
Michal Szumski

Michal Szumski
RPA developer
Rockwell Automation
Europe/Warsaw

Hi Michal,

Once again thanks a lot for clearing my doubt. 
My second query is now resolved. But first query has no progress. can you please tell me how to filter out below data. I have tried so many expressions but they did not work.

MeasurePoint
1/11/1
'1/11/1
'1/11/1
'1/11/1
'1/11/1
'1/11/1
'1/11/1
'1/11/1
'1/11/1
1/11/1
'1/11/1
'1/5/1
1/5/1
'1/5/1
'1/5/1
'1/5/1
'1/5/1

Shraddha Pavagi

Try this: [Measure Point]='''1/5/1'

You'll want single quotes to surround the value, and then you need to escape the single quote that is already there. You end up with a total of 4 single quotes: 3 single quotes before 1/5/1 and 1 single quote after.

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Hi Dave,

Thanks a lot, It worked.

I am trying to delete some columns from excel and for that I am using Delete function of Excel VBO, but it's not working.
Can you please tell me how to do it. I think I am missing something from Syntax.

Shraddha Pavagi

Are you doing a Select on the column before the Delete? What happens when you try to use Delete?

Nicholas Zejdlik
RPA Developer