cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel File Now Available Error

FatimaAlcaraz
Level 4
Hello, I am opening an excel file (xls), after using it and saving everything, I close the file but I don't know why after closing it launches a window and reopens the file.
How could I solve this if someone can help me please I would appreciate it.
I attach the screenshot of the window that appears.
13461.png

------------------------------
Fatima Alcaraz
5 REPLIES 5

Rambo27
Level 8
Hi Fatima, 

Its happens something while we are playing with Excel .
After using the excel instance , as per best practice close the current instance  which you have opened after saveworkbook and if any exception comes same thing has to follow. 
For now you can make a copy of the excel and use same practice and check.

I hope it helps.

Shikhar Mishra
RPA Lead
Infosys Pvt Ltd
Pune,India
Shikhar Mishra RPA Lead Infosys

Hi Fatima,

This happens if your instances are opened up as pointed out by @Shikhar Mishra. Just to add one more point to that, you can also try checking your task manager there must be any excel process running up. Make sure that you terminate that process so that you can again unlock the file to work on it. In case it doesn't work as suggested do make a copy of it and try working on that with making sure that you close all the instances properly both in your happy and unhappy path.​

----------------------------------

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
Wonderbotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the best answer

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

PabloSarabia
Level 11
Hi,

It's a really common error when you are using libraries like Microsoft Office Interop or similar. As @devneetmohanty07 said, to check if you have any Microsoft Excel task running.

​You have an action to kill this kind of process. Use the "Utility - Environment" with the "Kill Process" action. In the input put "EXCEL" alone.

Bye 🙂

Pablo Sarabia
Architect
Altamira Assets Management
Madrid

Hello, yes I already tried it that way. I perform the creation of the instance, the opening of the file, then, as appropriate, the closing of the file and the closing of the instance, but even when I reach the closing of the instance, seconds pass and that window pops up and reopens the file, I don't know why.

Fatima Alcaraz

Thank you very much for the indications, I will be trying again verifying each of those points

Fatima Alcaraz