cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel VBO - Adding A New Row

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am currently doing some development where I need to obtain data from an excel spread sheet. This is the first time we have come across a file where the headings are down the side rather than across the top so when we go to get the spread sheet range as a collection using the Excel VBO it is throwing and error that the mobile number across the top is a heading. To get round this we wanted to add a row to the spread sheet but there doesn€™t seem to be anything in the VBO to add a row? We can see delete rows but no add? Is there an easy way to do this or does anyone know if there something that does this in the Excel VBO and I am just missing it?
2 REPLIES 2

JustinBishop
Level 4
Hi Mark, There is an option in Excel to transpose the data so that the headers are back on top. Could you do this before BP collects the data? To do so in Excel, just select all of the data, right-click and select copy, then either delete your data or move to another sheet. When you right-click to paste the data back, choose the 4th option for pasting called ""Transpose"". This will put your headers and data back in a top-to-bottom fashion. Hope that helps. Justin

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Try the Select action with ""3:3"" as the Cell Reference input, this will select the 3rd row. Then use the Insert action with ""up"" as the Shift (Left or Up) input parameter. For a column, select ""C:C"" and then insert ""left"".