cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel filter multiple criteria / MS Excel VBO

PhilippeHERMITT
Level 2
I would like to apply a filter with several criteria using the Filter action of the MS Excel VBO object. What is the exact syntax? Thank you for giving an example. if this is not possible, is there a code stage already created ?
3 REPLIES 3

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
I can't see a filter action in the MS Excel VBO object, are you talking about the Filter Collection action in the Utility - Collection Manipulation object?   If that is what you are talking about I suggest you set a side a bit of training time looking at the Process Templates and Process Examples that we provide (one of the process examples includes an example of using the filter collection action)

PhilippeHERMITT
Level 2
ok thanks, it's probably a custom action...

Dear Denis

I think he is talking about the action in the MS Object VBO which is apply worksheet filter.
It takes a collection as an input contains 3 columns which is the number of column in excel, the operation and the value.
I also tried to filter with multiple values in the same column, but I don't know the syntax to be written in the value field.
For example, If I had a Column contains values Red, Blue, Green and black. And I want to filter to get only the reds and blacks, What should I do ?
if I added a new row in the collection and put each value in a row, the last row overwrites on the previous one.

I hope that I explained the whole situation to you.
thank you.

------------------------------
Haitham Hassan
------------------------------