cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception Overriding with blue prism.

Hello,

I have a exception handling scenario here.

An exception encoutered within recovery mode is caught up by main page recover stage despite a local block and recover stage. Shouldn't it be terminating instead of recapturing again on main page because the previous exception was still alive and not resumed. (This in turn overrides previous exception).

If someone has read this scenario in any guide please let us know.

Here it is doing exception overriding and so far this concept is not mentioned in any exception handling guide and course explicitely as far I what I checked.

29571.png
Also I found an old thread about the same topic here.

------------------------------
Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. RPA Consultant-Automation Developer
3 REPLIES 3

PvD_SE
Level 12
Hi T,

We have some processes where we throw an exception within a block where the block has recover-resume actions. This obviously will not terminate anything but allow the process to continue after handling the error according to the path you defined.

From my understanding and experience, you should do as little as possible between a recover and a resume to avoid errors bubbling up, coming back on a retry and generally cause looping. To my knowledge, the only thing you can safely do between a recover and a resume is collecting the exception data, such as details and type. This fits right in on the statement you quoted '...avoid using stages that may throw additional errors...'.

Happy coding!
Paul
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)

Yeah that is correct but my question is bit different. It is more of exception overriding that is ocurring in the scenario that I mentioned.

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. RPA Consultant-Automation Developer

Hi T,

Sorry, in that case I misinterpreted your description. As no-one else has tackled this yet, could you perhaps describe it a bit better? Perhaps adding a picture of the situation you are describing?

Happy coding!
Paul
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)