cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excluding a specific item from collection before reaches work queue

LorenzoCapoccia
Level 4
Hi,
I am trying to exclude from a list any rows that contain a specific reference, and I am unable to do it, can you please help?
as screen shot I would like to remove any rows that contain the "storage software consolidation" word from collection list, and  keep anything else except rows referencing to the above !

would you have any example please?

Thank you very much in advance
9 REPLIES 9

jhogelp
MVP
Hi Lorenzo,

use the Action Stage Filter Collection is found in Business Obj Utility - Collection Manipulation. And input Name Filter use "[Division Name] <> ''storage software consolidation" and in Collection In You Name Collection. In The tab Output Add New Name Collection.

I hope it helps you
36436.png

EmersonF
MVP
Hey Lorenzo, right? You need to treat this excel so that the Name Division name is in cell H1 and right after doing the following filter
If these rows have been in a collection, you can use the filter with the following expression "[Division name] not as "%storage software consolidation%", setting the collection in question to parameter..
If my answer was useful, please recommend...
Sr Cons at Avanade Brazil

LorenzoCapoccia
Level 4
Hi @jhogelp​Thank you very much for the example, just one note that came up.. there was a syntax error "[Division name] <> 'Storage Software Consolidation'"  before storage, this was very helpful, as it worked as i wanted to.... but i would like to ask for one last thing please, within the same column I would have 2 more names that I need to filter with this, and I tried to do an &, but I can't make it work, would you mind help once more sorry?  for example  =  System p w/o low end and Storage Middleware SW.. as i can use the resolution you will provide in case i will have more in the future to include in the formula, thank you very much once again

Thank you also @EmersonF

EmersonF
MVP

You can try using conditions, find this OR this one, try this

"[Division name] <> 'Storage Software Consolidation' OR [Division name] <> 'Value here'"  
You can nest various conditions such as [COLUMN1] <> 'Valor one ' AND [COLUMN1] <> 'Valor two'

Sr Cons at Avanade Brazil

jhogelp
MVP
Hi, Lorenzo

@EmersonF I add an example that can help you. Depending on the condition or logic gates you need:

Example 1:  "[Division name] <> 'Storage Software Consolidation' OR [Division name] <> 'Value here'"  
Example 2:  "[Division name] <> 'Storage Software Consolidation' AND [Division name] <> 'Value here'"  

LorenzoCapoccia
Level 4
Thank you so much @EmersonF @jhogelp, option 2 is working, and I really appreciate your help... thank you very much once again, and have a nice weekend! I hope I get to learn RPA as soon :)​​

Ernest1
Level 4

Hi, 

Can I use this both operand together: '<>' and 'LIKE' to retrieve rows from the collection that do not contain text fragment in a given column, e.g.:

"[Division name] <> LIKE '*Software*'"  

I will be grateful for your advice.

@Ernest1 

For this, you would have to use the "NOT" negation operator:

"[Division name] NOT LIKE '*Software*'"

Micheal Charron
RBC
Toronto, Ontario
Canada

of course :-), many thanks