cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expressions - Inserting a space

Jason_Acton
Level 3
I have a very simple need that I can't seem to find an effective expression to resolve - We have input data for a process that provides the First and Last name of individuals separately. The web application containing the hyperlink we need Blue Prism to click is presented with the first and last name together as would normally be displayed (i.e., "John Doe"). All I need to do is cast the input First and Last name separate data items into a single text data item that would appear as it does in the hyperlink (i.e., "John Doe"), and simply have the App Modeler dynamically evaluate that cast data item and identify/click the applicable hyperlink accordingly. However, I can't find the right syntax or character(s) I need to input in the expression editor to achieve this! There are a ton of ways we could achieve this, and this is easily the most simple way to approach it, so I'm hoping a simple character or syntax change will fix this issue. Can anyone provide assistance as to how I would just insert a blank space between two text data items and cast it into another data item for reference via an expression?? Thank you all for your time and consideration, and have a great day!
2 REPLIES 2

ChrisSneddon
Level 4
You can append data together using ampersand. You can mix data items and hard values e.g. [First name] & "" "" & [Last Name]

Jason_Acton
Level 3
Thanks for the information, Chris - this was very helpful and I never did close the loop on your comment. Take care!