cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extract Digits from the text line

RushitVaghasiya
Level 3
Hello, I've a use case where in i wanted to extract digits from the below sample text. Can someone help me to resolve this?   "CDH Investments Join $14.5M Round In Chinese Online Education Firm Longzhimen"   Thanks,
8 REPLIES 8

AndreyKudinov
Level 10
I would suggest regexp, unless text around the number is static - then just replace ""CDH Investments Join $"" and ""M Round In Chinese Online Education Firm Longzhimen"" with """" and you have your digits.

Anonymous
Not applicable
CDH Investments Join $14.5M Round In Chinese Online Education Firm Longzhimen --> Store this in data Item. Now use the calculation stage and use Length function store it in data item now take 2nd calculation stage and find the position of ""$"" using Instr function and store in data item again use calculation stage use Instr function and expression should be ""Total Length of string"", Total Length of string - Postion length. I hope this will help.

RushitVaghasiya
Level 3
@aikudino text is not static hence replace would not work, Can you please share Regex Pattern to extract ""14.5"" for the said string?

RushitVaghasiya
Level 3
@Saumitra I tried your suggestion and it will work for $ cases but the currency is not static and will chance form case to case.

AndreyKudinov
Level 10
Simple one is: ""[\d\.]+"" (that will match something like 127.0.0.1 too if it happens to be in input), ""\d+(\.\d+)?"" is better to match float. Seems like you don't care about M suffix...   

RushitVaghasiya
Level 3
Thanks aikudino It works with small ticks. ""([$](\d+)([.]*)[\d*])

Hi, could you please explain how did it work? I have the same usecase as below and need to extract 2.65 and then 8 etc., This text is in collection

Deducted amount 2345 as of 28/03/22 for rate 2.65 per scheme
Deducted amount 678 as of  8/02/22 for rate nxy 8 per scheme

------------------------------
Navaneetha Thupalli

Hi N,

If your search this community for 'regex' threads, you'll find a lot of examples and instructions on how to accomplish that. There's also this site to help you further with regex.

Happy coding!
Paul
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)