cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to Recognise text

LokeshRaj1
Level 3
Hi All, I am facing an issue while running Testing environment , but the same code perfectly works in the dev environment. The task is that it has to read the text and write it to a text box . But it is unable to perform this step in testing SIT environment. "ERROR: Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Read Stage 'Reader1' on page 'Upload Text File' - The font 'Arial 9 Bold' contains no characters" Both BP versions are same all the required utilities are included. so does this issue affects the task of recognizing text. Are there any issues in db by chance . we Imported latest working code also still we are facing the same issue Kindly provide your suggestions Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
It sounds like an issue with your font file. Try deleting Arial 9 Bold font from the system area of the product, and recreating it from scratch using the generate font option.

karthickskd
Level 2
i am using region mode and using get text(Navigation) option to retrieve text from pdf. I have spied correctly but it throwing error as ""No text in that location"" but actually text is there..i am getting only line ""---------------------"" as current value if I use Recognise as text option.

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Hello skdkarthick, Get Text is only a valid option for Windows elements that have a text attribute, it is not a relevant option for regions. If you are going to use regions you should first complete the Surface Automation training which will teach you about the options available to you for reading text from regions. For PDF's I think you will have a problem with the font, scale, and reliable position, of what you are trying to read from - have you read the guide in the learning area of the portal specifically related to interfacing with PDF documents?