cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fails (BP | Excel | Other Apps)

GustavoKlein
Level 4
Good afternoon guys, how are you?

From about 10 days ago, our environment started to go through a series of instabilities, most of the errors end up bumping into the first interaction with excel (I'll list some messages below).

We believe that it may not even be 100% related to excel itself, but some configuration, internal policy, security, firewall, something along those lines that may be affecting it.

So when using a create instance of the official BO, for example, we have a series of errors that happen randomly, if we insist, there are times that pass, times that don't.

Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Remote server computer does not exist or is not available.

Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Unable to create ActiveX component.

Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: RPC server is not available (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA).

The errors happen in different virtual machines, different processes, different times, insisting there are times that it works, at some times of the day they do not fail, it is something very intermittent.

Does anyone have a clue or has been through something similar?

Thank you very much!
2 REPLIES 2

JacobClary
Staff
Staff
Hey Gustavo, I hope you are doing well. 

We have a KB on our Support Center related to the error you are describing working with Excel. Here is a link: How do I fix error "RPC Server Is Unavailable (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA)"?

It explains the issue further and goes through possible solutions. Does the solution suggested here work for you? Since you mentioned it being intermittent, it could be something environmental, like connection as you mentioned. I would also suspect it being something environmental since you mentioned it starting recently. It could be worthwhile to see what has changed in your environment between the last time this worked and the first time you noticed the issue. 

Let me know if this helps.
Jacob Clary Senior Product Support Engineer Blue Prism

GustavoKlein
Level 4
Hi guys good morning!

First, thanks for the support and suggestions!

After a lot of investigation by the team internally here, we discovered that it was a DLP that was installed on the machines and caused this impact, we had already tried to disable it, however, the error persisted. The solution was only possible after uninstalling the same.

Thank you!