cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter Collection

RichardLoughins
Level 4
I'm having some trouble filtering a collection using a value that's stored as a data item.  Let me explain what I'm trying to do: I've got some Work Queue Items, which when retrieved from the WQ contain a field called "Resource ID", and the value for this field has in turn been stored as a data item.  The value of this field should correspond with a field in a collection called "Work Order ID".  The collection could contain multiple rows matching this Resource ID/Work Order ID and I need to extract all of them into a separate collection, hence the use of 'Filter Collection'. However, I can't seem to get the Filter collection's 'Filter' input to retrieve the value of a data item.  For example, the following will work: "[Work Order ID] = 'ABC123456'" but if I try and use the following: [Work Order ID] = [Resource ID]  I get a null return. I've tried a range of combinations including "[Work Order ID]" = [Resource ID] but nothing seems to work.  When I entered [WO Entries.Work Order ID] = [Resource ID] it returned the whole collection. Can Data Items not be used with the Filter Collection action?
11 REPLIES 11

Hai mustafa iam not cleared with your Filter = ""[Work Order ID] = '"" & [Resource ID] & ""'"" Notice the characters after = '  "" & and & ""  '  ""
please help me to for my filter arrangement 
[Site ID] = My header
[Site name] = My data item
How to arrange this as per your logic

------------------------------
Narayanamoorthy N

Hi,

Try either of below syntax

""[Site ID] = '"" & [Site name] & ""'""

"[Site ID] = '" & [Site name] & "'"