cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filtering field values in browser table

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all please suggest flow for my query, my scenario is. I have a table with 10000 records in the browser and have 10 records in excel, I want to pass those excel records to the browser to select the record one by one, But there is no search and filter in the browser then how to select that record directly without using the loop. without reading the table to the collection.where to pass the value to search.  can anyone explain these?  
1 REPLY 1

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
So you want to find 10 records somewhere on a web app containing 10000 rows? If the web app does not provide any kind of search/filter/location method then you'll have no choice but to take a 'brute force' approach. One approach is to read the dataset into BP and then search for the 10 records - the filter collection method is probably the best approach. You could even consider saving he collection as a temporary CSV file that you then query using OLEDB. A second approach is to use an element with a dynamic attribute and a Wait stage with the Check Exists condition. By feeding some identifier from one of the 10 records into the dynamic attribute you might be able to determine the existence of a matching row. The downside of the approach is that it may well be slow.