cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting Data Item

sandeshtope
Level 5

Hi everyone,

I have a data item in Blue Prism that contains multiple codes stored as follows:

18V98
1A876

I need to format this data item so that it appears like this: '12367','18V98','1A876','28767','20877','40767'.

How can I achieve this transformation using Blue Prism?

1 BEST ANSWER

Helpful Answers

Hi @sandeshtope ,

You can use a simple calculation formula to transform the format, where you have single quotes as the starting and ending characters while between that you replace new line characters in your data item with comma separator surrounded with single quote:

"'" & Replace([Test],NewLine(),"','") & "'"

devneetmohanty07_1-1720907982731.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hope this helps you out and if so, please mark the current thread as the 'Answer', so others can refer to the same for reference in future.
Regards,
Devneet Mohanty,
SS&C Blueprism Community MVP 2024,
Automation Architect,
Wonderbotz India Pvt. Ltd.

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @sandeshtope ,

You can use a simple calculation formula to transform the format, where you have single quotes as the starting and ending characters while between that you replace new line characters in your data item with comma separator surrounded with single quote:

"'" & Replace([Test],NewLine(),"','") & "'"

devneetmohanty07_1-1720907982731.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hope this helps you out and if so, please mark the current thread as the 'Answer', so others can refer to the same for reference in future.
Regards,
Devneet Mohanty,
SS&C Blueprism Community MVP 2024,
Automation Architect,
Wonderbotz India Pvt. Ltd.