cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrome and Extension Not Detected

CalebMurray
Level 2

Hello,

We are on BP Version 7.1.2 with the match extension version. In a schedule, we have 3 processes in a chain and all 3 use Chrome. The first two processes work great however, when we get to the 3rd process. The process fails due to the Extension Not Detected. If the machine is logged out and back in, the process will run with no issue. Each of the processes natively close Chrome and at the start of each process Chrome is killed using the utility. I have tried so many fixes but the issue keeps happening. Is there any settings to check or suggestions. The process and objects are built well, it just is the Chrome extension. Thanks!

-Caleb

2 REPLIES 2

Babjee24
Level 7

Hi Caleb,

We used to face this extension issue in 6.10 version in my previous organisation. In this case what we used to do as a turn around is have recover and resume on launch navigate stage have a sleep for 10 seconds and try attaching to the expected window. If the window is not loaded then retry for like 10 times (you can customize this value). This retry logic would attach to the launched window eliminates browser extension issue remarkably 

35752.png

35753.png

Hope this helps...

------------------------------
Babjee Vangipurapu
Senior RPA Developer
Wonderbotz
India
------------------------------

Babjee Vangipurapu
Senior RPA Developer
India

Hi Caleb,

There are few things you can do, after attach or launch the browser take a sleep of 5-10 seconds. Second thing after closing the browser try to kill browser native host also. Sometimes even browser is close Native host still attached to the old chrome instance. What I can recollect this issue resolved in 7.2. So try to kill Native host directly through BP.

Regards,
Amlan Sahoo