cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GSK issue

remko.bouwens
Level 5
Hi all,

I'm having an issue when using Global Send Keys.
When sending the text to the application it deletes the first character. Because of a check I made (after sending the text to the description field, I read the new description field) all these items are run as an exception.

Below are the steps I follow:
- Activate the application/screen (root element)
- Use a navigate stage to send the keys (text data item)

Other options in the application I tried (using a paste button after adding the text to the clipboard, or using the regular text editor). This is kind of the last resort.
And I want to avoid adding a blank first character that will be removed. This shouldn't be necessary.

Hope someone can help.
Thank you 🙂
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi

Have you tried using a focus on the field before writing to it? If none of this has worked then your best option is to try using the global send key event action. You can do this by using a navigate stage and selecting the application level element (i.e the very top element in your application model) select global send key event and add your text in the field. This is similar to global send keys but should resolve the issue. Try using a focus in the first step before global send key events as well.

View answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Remko

Have you tried using the write action to write the text to the field? If neither of these have worked you could try using the Global send key events to write the text to the field.

EmersonF
MVP
The best practice for writing information is to use Write Stage, can you see if this works for you?
Sr Cons at Avanade Brazil

remko.bouwens
Level 5
Hi,

thank you for you responses.
My apologies, I forgot to mention also tried that (write stage). That doesn't work in this screen.
I also tried the Windows Press Key functions, which also don't work.

Perhaps I should have given a bit more info.
This concerns a WORD editor screen in SAP to add a notification to an invoice. It sends the text to the screen, but removes only the first characters, which gives a corrupt notification in the system.

Hi

Have you tried using a focus on the field before writing to it? If none of this has worked then your best option is to try using the global send key event action. You can do this by using a navigate stage and selecting the application level element (i.e the very top element in your application model) select global send key event and add your text in the field. This is similar to global send keys but should resolve the issue. Try using a focus in the first step before global send key events as well.

remko.bouwens
Level 5
I tried adding the focus, but that doesn't resolve it.
The text is send to the screen, and received by SAP. It just removes a characters.

For now, I solved it by adding ' ' before the message. It doesn't matter if this is displayed or not.
I will try the GSK Events action, see if that works better (without adding the ' ').
Thank you.