cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Item Keys

jgregor4
Level 6

Is there a way to get all the Items Keys from a particular queue?

In the Queue VBO we can get all the Item ID's froma  queue but then would have to loop through each one to get the Key.

The reason is I need to check for duplicate entries, however the item key is made up of a couple of data items - the 1st part will be unique but the 2nd part could be duplicated so its not that we can use the Is Item In Queue given that we can't use a wild card.

3 REPLIES 3

PvD_SE
Level 12

Hi James,

I assume you use a random value as Items ID. In that case you have to loop through your list to get the Item keys. 
I'd suggest using the Item key to generate the Item ID as you then can use the Item ID's directly, without looping. Yes, they are encrypted, but duplicate Item keys will also be duplicate Item ID's.

Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)

jgregor4
Level 6

I couldn't reply to you message Paul.

This sounds like it could be a good way round it, however I'm unsure as to how you would generate the ItemID from the Key - I assumed Blue Prism itself created that randomly?

harish.m
Level 12

Hi James Gregory

Q) Is there a way to get all the Items Keys from a particular queue?
You need to  use "Get Pending Items" , "Get Completed Items", "Get Exception Items" action to get all the  items in the queue.

Once you get all the Item ID's you can use Get Item data action to get all the Item Keys and other information related to the Item.

----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]