cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Get Screen Bounds' throws 'Cannot identify region as an image' error

SridharSagadeva
Level 2

I logged into virtual machine and running the process in control room. Get Screen Bounds action is throwing below error while we are not watching it. The image is getting highlighted other times. Also, Get Screen Bounds action works fine while we are watching the application running in the same virtual machine. 
I am sure that, the windows screen resolution is fixed and does not change.

ERROR: Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Read Stage 'Get Screen Bounds' on page 'Upload Document' - Cannot find region identified as an image.

I am trying Co-ordinates Location method and I could not able to set Position to "Anywhere" in the Blue Prism version 6.3

Please give your ideas to solve this issue.

Thanks,

------------------------------
Sridhar S
Automation Developer
America/Chicago
1 REPLY 1

DaveMorris
Level 14
When you say it works while you're watching it, are you RDP'd into the VM or watching it through vSphere or some other remoting technology?

If you could explain the set of steps you go through to produce this error, that would be helpful. I'm wondering if you're making the same mistake that most of us have done at some point or another, which is to RDP into a VM, test something successfully, then disconnect from the RDP session, and then try the test again which fails.

Try this same thing without RDP'ing into the machine first. Use Login Agent to have the machine log in and then run a test to see if it can find the region.

Also, could you explain or screenshot what it is that is in the region?

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA