cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get controller of pool

RichardLorenz
Level 4
Is there a way to easily find out which machine is the controller of a pool without logging onto one of the run time resources in the pool?

------------------------------
Richard Lorenz
CoE Manager
Computershare
Australia/Melbourne
7 REPLIES 7

david.l.morris
Level 14
I don't use pools, so I'm not 100% sure, but I always assumed the asterisk * displayed next to the Resource in Control Room under the pool indicates that it is the controller of the pool.

Can anyone confirm?

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

AmiBarrett
Level 12
The wording of this is a little confusing to me, perhaps you could clarify.

Typically, a controller (IE: the App Server) does not show up in the resource manager from the Blue Prism front-end. However, a bot can also be running on that same box. In which case, it would show up just like any other resource.

In a pool, I'm pretty sure it just executes against the first system on the list, then continues down sequentially. Is this maybe what you meant instead?

Ami Barrett
Lead RPA Software Developer
Solai & Cameron
America/Chicago

Thanks @Dave Morris I don't see a star. What version(s) of BP have you seen a star in?​

Richard Lorenz
CoE Manager
Computershare
Australia/Melbourne

Hi @AmiBarrett when you setup a pool (at least in v5.0.24) one of the bots takes on the role of the controller. In some cases the controller can get in a bad state meaning that the pool no longer functions. Finding the controller and rebooting it​ usually fixes the problem. The issue is knowing which bot is the controller.

Richard Lorenz
CoE Manager
Computershare
Australia/Melbourne

Version 6.x several versions. I can't remember if I saw this in 5.x. Maybe it's newish

------Original Message------

Hi @AmiBarrett when you setup a pool (at least in v5.0.24) one of the bots takes on the role of the controller. In some cases the controller can get in a bad state meaning that the pool no longer functions. Finding the controller and rebooting it​ usually fixes the problem. The issue is knowing which bot is the controller.

Richard Lorenz
CoE Manager
Computershare
Australia/Melbourne
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

GopalBhaire
Level 10
You can check out connections on your BP Server by http://servername:port/connections the outbound list will show the pool controller. The http://servername:port/controller will directly show you the controller, I guess.

Gopal Bhaire
Analyst
Accenture

Hi Gopal, this gives me USER NOT SET. I tried the USER and PASSWORD commands but that gives me AUTHENTICATION FAILED. We use AD authentication and the user/password combination was my AD account. Am I doing something wrong?

Richard Lorenz
CoE Manager
Computershare
Australia/Melbourne